DISRUPTION AS USUAL?
Disruption is a fashionable term. In fact, it is now so widely used that it is rapidly losing its distinctive power: when every start-up claims to be a disruptor and every manager has to disrupt established business practices disruption becomes a synonym for change itself.
Therein lies a danger however. If businesses want to manage or bring about truly disruptive changes it is important to distinguish disruption from more mundane “change as usual”.
While media coverage on disruption might have run its course, disruptive change driven by technology will continue to unfold, and the magnitude of its effects are yet to be felt in many industries.
DISRUPT.SYDNEY™, now in its 4th year, is Australia’s first and oldest disruption conference. This year we will engage deeply with the topic of change itself. Our speakers and workshop facilitators will address a range of crucial questions, for example:
- Keynote speaker Dr Karl asks, “what are the main drivers that will drive change in business and society over the coming decade?”
- Juliet Bourke from Deloitte, our second keynote speaker, asks “how can we build workplaces for diversity and inclusion to drive innovation?”
- Jennifer Wilson asks “how can we employ gamification carefully to bring about effective behaviour changes?”
- Arthur Shelley asks “how can we create the kinds of creative frictions that allow a shift in people’s mindsets?”
- In their workshop, colleagues from Capgemini investigate the question “how can business leaders be empowered to drive collaboration and innovation in the digital age?”
- The team from Ripple Effect Group asks “how can people and technology interact to create digital capabilities to face today’s market disruption?”
- Finally, our panel on “Blockchain beyond Fintech” demystifies and investigates a range of questions around this promising yet notoriously difficult to understand technology.
For the full program please click here.
Watch the official welcome to DISRUPT.SYDNEY 2016 by Professor Riemer here:
To see for yourself what DISRUPT.SYDNEY is like as an event and the vibe we create on the day watch our 2015 highlights video:
If you are interested to relive the experience of the past years, visit the previous event websites, which host videos of all the talks, keynotes and plenary sessions: